Why study the "Safe Use of a Stump Grinder” course?
This course is for those employed in arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance, or who is or will be required to operate Stump Grinders.
The use of Stump Grinders is a labour-intensive process and in some cases the only machinery possible to remove tree stumps. All machines have hazards associated with their operation, and the Stump Grinder has certain special hazards – which you must be aware of. The Safe Use of a Stump Grinder course will give you the confidence in using this powerful equipment, and by the end of the course you will see how effective and beneficial a Stump Grinder is and how it can really help ease and speed the work of tree stump removal.
City & Guilds/NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Stump Grinding Operations
Duration: 1 day
What I will learn:
- Risk assessments specific to the site, task, and machine
- Safety precautions relating to stump grinders
- Pre-use checks and report on serviceability
- Safety features
- Routine checks and maintenance
- Start the machine and carry out safety checks
- Operate the stump grinder
- Stop machine safely
- Dealing with large stumps
- Unblocking the stump grinder
- Removing and replacing the cutting teeth
- Cleaning, transport, and storage
- After use inspection and reporting
Entry requirements & Cost
There are no entry requirements for this course. The cost of the course is £150.
Outcome of the course:
- Be able to safely operate a stump grinder
- Qualified in professional use of a stump grinder
- A lifetime City & Guilds qualification
- By completing this course, you will be meeting requirements under Health and Safety and in particular the PUWER regulations.
Integrated City & Guilds / NPTC assessment. By means of oral questioning and observation of practical tasks that you have undertaken during the training course.
If you are interested in the City & Guilds/NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Stump Grinding Operations, email me to find out our availability, or book from our Training Booking page. We also offer a range of other suitable Training courses, from Chainsaw Maintenance to Tree Climbing and Rescue.